CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

I had a wonderful Easter weekend!  My sister came home from college and I was so glad to see her because she hadn't been home in over a month!  We decorated easter eggs, cooked, went to a movie, and enjoyed a beautiful Easter Sunday!

You're never too old to dye eggs!
My sister Claire, me, and Jack

finished product!


I made two things for Easter lunch: pimento cheese and a chocolate trifle
Both were simple and delicious! 

Pimento Cheese
1 jar pimentos
1 pkg. grated sharp cheddar
1 cup mayo
lemon juice
pepper

Mix all ingredients with mixer and serve with crackers or chips.

Chocolate Trifle
1 chocolate cake mix
2 boxes instant pudding
1 large container cool whip
4 heath bars

Bake cake according to directions for 2 layer 8 in. round cakes. Let cool. Put one layer into trifle bowl.  Spread half of the pudding on cake, then half of the cool whip.  Sprinkle with half chopped candy bars. Repeat all with second layer.  Then refrigerate or serve!

Here are some picks of us making the trifle....

Leah helped me make the pudding!

finished! And yes it was as yummy as it looks!






Easter morning

bunny cake my sister-in-law's sister made

Jack's side of the family minus a few

Caty with her eggs

Leah wrapped Caty and Lizzy's presents! I thought they were so cute with their initials! 




0 comments: